WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lions
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Crappies
Lions
I have to admit, it's a great time to be a Lions fan. They pulled out an impressive win on the road in LA today against the Chargers. However, I do think they are a year or two from putting together a playoff run -- although Tony Romo seems to believe they are Super Bowl contenders now. I just don't believe they are strong enough defensively right now. It's a shame they didn't grab another pass rusher to help Hutchinson on the defensive line before the trade deadline. There is promise with Houston waiting in the wing to come back from his injury hopefully prior to the playoffs.

Anyhow, I thought I would throw a post out here to give the Lions some well deserved love after years of agony!
11-12-2023 10:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cocksman Offline
1st String

RE: Lions
I love to see how lions fans have taken over away stadiums. The nation seems to be behind this team. This is one fun season so far.
11-13-2023 09:25 AM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
(11-13-2023 09:25 AM)Cocksman Wrote:  I love to see how lions fans have taken over away stadiums. The nation seems to be behind this team. This is one fun season so far.

A guy called into the local Detroit sports talk radio this morning that attended the game yesterday. He thought the stadium was nearly half full of Lions fans. You could hear them over the broadcast. Crazy!
11-13-2023 10:57 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I've never seen such a fun Lions team in my life, and that includes when Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson were around. The Lions were always a team with some top end talent, but a lot of riff raff and subpar coaches. The way Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell have been putting this team together, they're doing it the right way. Drafting has been incredible the last few years. The O-line dominates the LOS. And Campbell doesn't coach scared, he just goes for it. He's got the guys having fun out there. Infectious energy.

And the Lions fanbase deserves it. They've always been loyal, and look at the way they've been taking over every stadium.

What a time to be alive! A fun, exciting, and GOOD Lions team.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2023 11:10 AM by ColinApocalypse.)
11-13-2023 11:09 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(11-13-2023 10:57 AM)BroncoMD Wrote:  
(11-13-2023 09:25 AM)Cocksman Wrote:  I love to see how lions fans have taken over away stadiums. The nation seems to be behind this team. This is one fun season so far.

A guy called into the local Detroit sports talk radio this morning that attended the game yesterday. He thought the stadium was nearly half full of Lions fans. You could hear them over the broadcast. Crazy!

To be fair that's the way it is at all Chargers' games since they moved back to LA.

But Lions' fans have been representing on the road for sure.
11-13-2023 11:13 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I remarked to my companion while watching that there were sure a lot of Lions fans at the game in L.A.. This is a really fun team to watch which seems to have taken on the personality of the HC. I like the way they are building this team. Only a few pieces away.

My Denver Broncos have sucked for much of the season. I have watched the Lions seriously since that run at the end of last season and I believe they are on the cusp of doing something that long suffering fans have only dreamed of.

In the past when the Broncos sucked, so did the Lions and it was never an option. 03-lmfao
11-13-2023 06:00 PM
Advertisement

Cocksman Offline
1st String

They are now considering Dan Campbell an outside target for the Texas A&M opening (his alma matter). They have insane money which would be very tempting.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2023 11:27 AM by Cocksman.)
11-14-2023 11:26 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

I'm a Packers fan but I don't have a distain for any other teams in the NFC North except for the Bears. I started passively cheering for the Vikings when Favre went there and continue doing that since Cousins is there. The Lions have always been on the forefront growing up in Michigan.

I've enjoyed watching the Lions this season. The hardcore fans deserve this success. I really hope they are able to AT LEAST get to the NFC Championship game. That'd be sweet.
11-14-2023 03:48 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(11-14-2023 11:26 AM)Cocksman Wrote:  They are now considering Dan Campbell an outside target for the Texas A&M opening (his alma matter). They have insane money which would be very tempting.

I think that'd be unlikely. He's been in NFL for over two decades now as player-coach. He's a Pro guy.

Plus he's built something good in Motown, probably wants to see it through to a Lombardi or at least SB.
11-14-2023 04:13 PM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
The Lions actually did address the pass rush issue yesterday by signing Bruce Irvin: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2023/11/lion...shape.html
11-15-2023 03:14 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Lions were down by 12 with 3 mins left in the game, after looking like crap all day.

They GO OFF and end up winning by 5. This team is crazy.

Hutch sealed the game by driving the right tackle directly into Justin Fields, forcing a fumble. Hutch then goes after the fumble, pushes that same tackle out of the way as he was trying fall on the loose ball, and the ball rolls out of the end zone. SAFETY! BALL GAME! I love these guys!
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2023 05:19 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
11-19-2023 05:15 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Did the Broncos suit up at Ford Field today, lol.
11-23-2023 01:15 PM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

(11-23-2023 01:15 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Did the Broncos suit up at Ford Field today, lol.

Starting to play very similar.

Happy thanksgiving
11-23-2023 01:54 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
I watch RedZone so I don't usually catch the Lions full time, but my God. Cutesy little shifts to run up the gut for 10 inches while down 2 scores all game, Goff wets himself if he doesn't have an immaculate pocket and no Houston means no pressure on opponent quarterbacks because they double Hutchinson and get picked apart in the secondary. Ben Johnson will be an NFL head coach next year, but that'll be a laugh for that franchise. The $40 million per they inevitably give Goff in 2024+ will work as well as Daniel Jones $40 million does for the Giants.
11-23-2023 08:27 PM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
Tough day to be a Lions fan. Give the Packers credit as they came ready to play -- completely opposite of our showing at Lambeau Field earlier this year. Our coaching didn't help matters by running a fake punt deep in our own territory -- the Packers were certainly ready for it. I think it's safe to say we are year or two away from making a real run in the playoffs.
11-23-2023 11:46 PM
ess Offline
1st String

I Root For: The individual
(11-23-2023 11:46 PM)BroncoMD Wrote:  Tough day to be a Lions fan. Give the Packers credit as they came ready to play

A$$ whipping yesterday

Congrats to the Packer's staff.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2023 01:59 PM by ess.)
11-24-2023 01:56 PM
Advertisement

BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
I finally had a chance to "Bye Bye Berry" on Prime last night. I highly recommend for all Lions fans to take it in to get his perspective. I don't want to reveal too much for those who haven't watched it yet but they had a comparison between Emmitt Smith and Cowboys versus Berry and the Lions. There's no question that Berry wanted to bring home a championship to Detroit.
12-08-2023 11:16 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(12-08-2023 11:16 PM)BroncoMD Wrote:  I finally had a chance to "Bye Bye Berry" on Prime last night. I highly recommend for all Lions fans to take it in to get his perspective. I don't want to reveal too much for those who haven't watched it yet but they had a comparison between Emmitt Smith and Cowboys versus Berry and the Lions. There's no question that Berry wanted to bring home a championship to Detroit.

I was so pissed to learn that Montana reached out to come to Detroit (before he landed in KC), but our GM felt he was too old. Same with Warren Moon.

Can you imagine how open Herman Moore would be with a play-action involving Moon and Sanders?!? Ugh.
12-09-2023 12:29 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
They've played like dogshit since Baltimore.
12-10-2023 03:02 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I don’t want to knee-jerk apply the SOL tag again. But yeah, we have been playing a lot more mediocre than our record suggests.
12-10-2023 05:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.